You have 433 unread messages:
So says my mailbox!! Stumped?? Well...i've subscribed to 4 different dictionaries and havent checked any of the words they sent for the last three months...so what do u expect! :D
Finally decided to go thru them yesterday and trust me...they threw up lots of fascinating snippets of info...here are three of 'em:
- A goldwynism is: humorous statement or phrase resulting from the use of incongruous or contradictory words, situations, idioms, etc. Like:
Include me out.
When I want your opinion I will give it to you.
If I could drop dead right now, I would be the happiest man alive.
Anybody who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.
- A spoonerism is : the transposition of usually initial sounds in a pair of words. Like:
We all know what it is to have a half-warmed fish ("half-formed wish") inside us.
The Lord is a shoving leopard ("loving shepherd").
Is the bean dizzy ("dean busy")?
The best is:
- antanaclasis: A play on words in which a key word is repeated in a different, often contrary, sense. Like:
Your argument is sound, nothing but sound.
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
Learn some craft when young, that when old you may live without craft.
PS: have been debugging my project code for the last 3 hours and it seems to be working fine most of the time. Most!! Period. **boo hoo**


3 comments:
fascinating! which sites are these..i wd love to subscribe to them
you have a wonderful way of expressing urself..
thankew:)
try out wordsmith.org and merriam-webster.com...both of them are pretty good.
OKay....will do that..Thanks a ton.
Post a Comment