Monday

Blog 1202: Images... they never fade.


The following is a poem I wrote this day last year for Kspeak.
I guess I was too sad that my honeymoon with Kspeak was coming to an end!

Here it is...

Images…
They never fade.

Images of people...
Of situations... of events.
Images which bring a smile to the lips...
Sumtimes even bring a tear to the eye.
Images which u remember when the day breaks...
And refuse to forget when the stars twinkle.

Images...
They never fade.

How excruciating it is to build a house of cards...
How momentary its collapse.
How gingerly a castle of sand is made...
How summarily it’s washed away.
How mountains are moved to finish illu’s chatayis...
How infinitesimal the moments of illuminance.
It takes days, months, sweat and grit to make a Kshitij...
It took two days for it to shine and burn out.

The tents will be brought down...
The arena will fade into oblivion...
The heroes will be consigned to pages of history...
And all that’ll remain are images...
Images... which’ll never fade.


Footprints on the sands of time...
Are but the prints of the sole...
If the sand is tread often.
Footprints on the face of the moon...
Are but the prints of the toil of the soul...
Pioneering.
Unprecedented.
But footprints... they’ll bow out to nature...
And souls... they’ll find their match...
What remains in the safe cradle of posterity...
Are images...
Images... which’ll never fade.

This day shall come again next year...
Year after year...
Some other eye shall wistfully peep deep into the sunset...
And wonder why all good things come to an end...
But always and forever...
An experience shall remain deep in the hearts...
A canvas brimming over with overlapping images...
Images on which the paint shall never dry...
Images... that’ll never fade...
Images of KSHITIJ ’05.

14 comments:

naween said...

are you too gearing up for the poetic mode ??

or, as your phavorite shakespeare would say: Et tu, Brute ?

Coolin said...

Hey send this to the kshitij team yaar.. They will love this more than anything.. and get it to go on their Group for one and all to read..

Gr8 Gr8 stuff !!!

Images create the moments.. u can live and die for ;) They Never Fade dost..!! I agree totally...They remain with u.. till eternity..:) and beyond..

Kudos..!!

Maalu

bisky said...

hey...

lovely poem. awesome!!!!
thanks a lot..

rolly.

Sunny said...

@ Naween:

Naah... one poem a year is a good average for me [:P]

Sunny said...

@ Kaush & Rolly:

Dhanyawaad :-)

Sunny said...

@ Aaga:

Yup... if I'm still sento abt Kspeak... then I can well imagine what u feel. :-)

Anonymous said...

ur exceptionable vocab and writing skills are being put to right use..........oye yaar tu CAT WAT chad, journalist ya politician ban ja.....u'll rock there
neways, reading it was fun
Man Mohan

Sunny said...

@ Chaks:

Thankew! :-)

Sunny said...

@ Maal:

Ab kya bolein...

thanks for the compliments...

But I'm decidedly not looking at those career options.

Abhi said...

i love this poem sunny....

the observation abt cards , and sand cassle...is awesome..

u got a permanent reader..now.
btw i did what u had asked me to..for the first time wrote down to
give tempoo to second years....
lets keep rocking
take care...

Sunny said...

@ Abhinav:

Thanks dude... and tempo se![:-)]

Sunny said...

@ Thulika:

Thankew [:)]

Himadri Mayank said...

Images.. frozen emotions in time
well kept in my head
of you and me and Kshitij
that was, that is and that will be..!!

Even if I missed working for the decorations this year, I think I won't be breaking a link. The weakest link being the strongest link. Kshitij will be as strong in us as ever. 10 years from now PG will still see Kshitij as Kshitij..!! :D

Nice Blog.. dude !

Sunny said...

@ Himadri:

Not surprising to see the senti abt something one worked for...

Waise... been a long time since I've blogged...

Be back after midsems :)