Kaata the last bit of the quote if you please [:P]
History shall remember this, the 24th day of February, 2006, as the day when I ran/jogged/stumbled/bumbled/grumbled my way through my first 2.2 :)
This was my third attempt at running the complete 2.2. Here's a look back at all three attempts...
THE FIRST ATTEMPT
-------------------------
So I was thinking one day.
Remove that sneer you @#$&*#.
Yeah where was I...
Hmm...
*Realisation dawns*
Yeah so I was thinking and I realised that if I dont exercise now, I definitely wont do so once I get a job.
So one fine day I decided to go for a 2.2 with a friend.
Strategy: Go after dusk so that ppl dont recognize you.
Cool.
So there I was, about to leave RK's gates when suddenly, Mr. Naween Kumar and Mr. Chaks apparated from nowhere.
Now Mr. Naween Kumar and Mr. Chaks both being immensely familiar with the athletic tendencies of yours sportingly, immediately lapsed into a paroxysm and fell to the ground with the look of horror writ large on their faces.
Hmm... maybe that didnt happen.
Lemme rethink.
*realisation dawns*
Ya... so both decided to commemorate this historic event by joining us in the run.
Chaks was on his cycle... but what the heck... the idea was to join us.
Remember that 'mile sur mera tumhara' ad that used to feature on Doordarshan in the 80's?
Something like that.
We started running once we reached SN gate.
*winks*
And then we ran and ran and ran and ran.
And finally reached Gyan Ghosh.
And there we were spotted by Id and Atish.
Both felt instantly humiliated and crestfallen realising how limited their sports career was now that I'd started working out and hence, jumped infront of the ambassador passing by to put an end to their woes.
Hmm... no?
*sigh*
Will have to think again what actually happened.
*realisation dawns*
Ya... both did almost drop dead... but out of laughter.
What was that thing about 'with friends like these...'?
Anyways... Chaks on the cycle gave me constant tempo to keep running.
I think I took three breaks till Harry's and from then on, I walked.
Valiant attempt, eh? [:D]
THE SECOND ATTEMPT
--------------------------
Now this one is marked out by two very important events.
The first, and less inconsequential one, was that I ran till I got to Harry's and then took a break!
The second one was something like this...
So I and a friend were running the 2.2.
More like he was running and I was surviving the torture.
Hence, he was at least 40m ahead of me by the time I got to the Diro's bungalow.
I saw a girl and her parents walking in the opposite direction.
Please note their configuration: Mom adjacent to footpath, dad next and girl almost walking down the middle of the road.
The guy I was running with waved to her.
You remember what Newton said in his third law?
Reaction came from dad.
The configuration changed.
Mom then girl and then dad. [;)]
I duly studied the road when my turn to cross them came.
Considering past history, I think I shouldnt be naming the bandi here.
And that finally brings us to...
THE THIRD ATTEMPT
-------------------------
6.20 PM
I go to CFM to join the gang for a 2.2.
Here's the list of the brave men who set out to run tonight: Aashu, Anjai, Golj, Laddha, Sengu, Shailu and Vicksy.
And me :)
We start running after reaching SN gate.
Big deal. [:P]
Everyone decides to go for a run in Gyan Ghosh.
Two brave men decide not to take the soft option.
Two brave men who've been inspired by Rang de Basanti.
Two brave men who have what it takes to run the path less taken.
Anjai Dot Lal... and of course... yours athletically.
[:D]
To all the bhai log who had gone to Gyan Ghosh, please be calm... banging your monitor wont do you any good. [:D]
Dot, btw, has well documented experience of maroing a 2.2
Yeah...
So we bhaated and ran till we reached Vegies.
Braving the temptation to enter Vegies and eat, we soldiered on.
Stopped bhaating as well.
Dot tore two leaves from a tree.
Gave one to me.
I didnt know what to do with it.
He made a blast with his leaf.
I kept thinking.
After running for 5 mins more, I gave him mine too.
Running and running and running, we reached the Diro's Bungalow.
My breathing had become very heavy.
Felt like stopping.
But... in front of the Diro's bungalow?
Impossible.
Tempo se.
Reached Harry's.
Now I just had to stop.
But...
Dot: " Dude... you cant stop infront of SN, right?"
*realisation dawns*
Right.
Impossible.
By now, I'm as good as drunk.
Dot: " They're renovating this entrance to SN na... why the fuck"
Me: " Coz guys have to go wait there na... they must have a nice place to wait"
We both grunt our agreement to this line of thinking.
Has to be true.
I countdown the metres in the last stretch.
200.
190.
150.
175.
40
30
20
10
*Humpf*
*Hew*
*Whew*
*Phew*
Dot:" Gym chalna hai... baaki sab wahin honge abhi"
I look disbelievingly at A Dot.
Come back to wing.
Have a bath.
That makes it another first in a long time.
7.45 pm
Go to mess for dinner.
Aashu, Golj, Laddha, Sengu, Shailu and Vicksy returning from gym.
Like two lost groups of warriors meeting after the war.
We do a victory dance around a bonfire.
One of these days, I'll try sticking to the facts.
PS: Aaj hi Krishna ki app Michigan mein lagi hai.
My sympathies to IBM.
[:D]
-------------------------
So I was thinking one day.
Remove that sneer you @#$&*#.
Yeah where was I...
Hmm...
*Realisation dawns*
Yeah so I was thinking and I realised that if I dont exercise now, I definitely wont do so once I get a job.
So one fine day I decided to go for a 2.2 with a friend.
Strategy: Go after dusk so that ppl dont recognize you.
Cool.
So there I was, about to leave RK's gates when suddenly, Mr. Naween Kumar and Mr. Chaks apparated from nowhere.
Now Mr. Naween Kumar and Mr. Chaks both being immensely familiar with the athletic tendencies of yours sportingly, immediately lapsed into a paroxysm and fell to the ground with the look of horror writ large on their faces.
Hmm... maybe that didnt happen.
Lemme rethink.
*realisation dawns*
Ya... so both decided to commemorate this historic event by joining us in the run.
Chaks was on his cycle... but what the heck... the idea was to join us.
Remember that 'mile sur mera tumhara' ad that used to feature on Doordarshan in the 80's?
Something like that.
We started running once we reached SN gate.
*winks*
And then we ran and ran and ran and ran.
And finally reached Gyan Ghosh.
And there we were spotted by Id and Atish.
Both felt instantly humiliated and crestfallen realising how limited their sports career was now that I'd started working out and hence, jumped infront of the ambassador passing by to put an end to their woes.
Hmm... no?
*sigh*
Will have to think again what actually happened.
*realisation dawns*
Ya... both did almost drop dead... but out of laughter.
What was that thing about 'with friends like these...'?
Anyways... Chaks on the cycle gave me constant tempo to keep running.
I think I took three breaks till Harry's and from then on, I walked.
Valiant attempt, eh? [:D]
THE SECOND ATTEMPT
--------------------------
Now this one is marked out by two very important events.
The first, and less inconsequential one, was that I ran till I got to Harry's and then took a break!
The second one was something like this...
So I and a friend were running the 2.2.
More like he was running and I was surviving the torture.
Hence, he was at least 40m ahead of me by the time I got to the Diro's bungalow.
I saw a girl and her parents walking in the opposite direction.
Please note their configuration: Mom adjacent to footpath, dad next and girl almost walking down the middle of the road.
The guy I was running with waved to her.
You remember what Newton said in his third law?
Reaction came from dad.
The configuration changed.
Mom then girl and then dad. [;)]
I duly studied the road when my turn to cross them came.
Considering past history, I think I shouldnt be naming the bandi here.
And that finally brings us to...
THE THIRD ATTEMPT
-------------------------
6.20 PM
I go to CFM to join the gang for a 2.2.
Here's the list of the brave men who set out to run tonight: Aashu, Anjai, Golj, Laddha, Sengu, Shailu and Vicksy.
And me :)
We start running after reaching SN gate.
Big deal. [:P]
Everyone decides to go for a run in Gyan Ghosh.
Two brave men decide not to take the soft option.
Two brave men who've been inspired by Rang de Basanti.
Two brave men who have what it takes to run the path less taken.
Anjai Dot Lal... and of course... yours athletically.
[:D]
To all the bhai log who had gone to Gyan Ghosh, please be calm... banging your monitor wont do you any good. [:D]
Dot, btw, has well documented experience of maroing a 2.2
Yeah...
So we bhaated and ran till we reached Vegies.
Braving the temptation to enter Vegies and eat, we soldiered on.
Stopped bhaating as well.
Dot tore two leaves from a tree.
Gave one to me.
I didnt know what to do with it.
He made a blast with his leaf.
I kept thinking.
After running for 5 mins more, I gave him mine too.
Running and running and running, we reached the Diro's Bungalow.
My breathing had become very heavy.
Felt like stopping.
But... in front of the Diro's bungalow?
Impossible.
Tempo se.
Reached Harry's.
Now I just had to stop.
But...
Dot: " Dude... you cant stop infront of SN, right?"
*realisation dawns*
Right.
Impossible.
By now, I'm as good as drunk.
Dot: " They're renovating this entrance to SN na... why the fuck"
Me: " Coz guys have to go wait there na... they must have a nice place to wait"
We both grunt our agreement to this line of thinking.
Has to be true.
I countdown the metres in the last stretch.
200.
190.
150.
175.
40
30
20
10
*Humpf*
*Hew*
*Whew*
*Phew*
Dot:" Gym chalna hai... baaki sab wahin honge abhi"
I look disbelievingly at A Dot.
Come back to wing.
Have a bath.
That makes it another first in a long time.
7.45 pm
Go to mess for dinner.
Aashu, Golj, Laddha, Sengu, Shailu and Vicksy returning from gym.
Like two lost groups of warriors meeting after the war.
We do a victory dance around a bonfire.
One of these days, I'll try sticking to the facts.
PS: Aaj hi Krishna ki app Michigan mein lagi hai.
My sympathies to IBM.
[:D]


31 comments:
Awesome post man..heartiest congrtulations for ur 2.2 :D:D
u dnt mention abt how vishal tried to stop ur 2.2 n thn u ended up sprinting!!
game for tomorrow's 2.2??
:D:D
cheers
good going...[:))]
there's always a first time!!!
even though it was in three attempts...
waise i took fewer attempts to achieve the same feat...methinks me shud challenge u some day...what say u???
[:P] [:D]
well, a 2.2 is good for starters but you still have miles to go [before you drop down dead with exhaustion]
and we tried to give you some tempo for your first attempt, far from the making-fun-of-you case you've made it out to be.
me hasn't done a 2.2 in years. brings back fond memories!!
hehe...dude gr888 post!!!!
bas ek baat bolna chahoonga...
tu mil and main tera khoon karta hoon!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....
vaise kal bhi chalenge!!!:)
signing off
GJ (not GolJ!!(grrrrrrrr again!!!)):D
You are a beacon of hope to all the billions of junta who started a 2.2 on a high note and ended up winded, lost and hopeless. Like me.
Perhaps its the diro's bungalow, you know, kind of a mental block or something, can't ever bring myself to run beyond that landmark. Methinks that building should be moved elsewhere.
oh well, congratulations. and you have just infused a fresh dose of hope into my system. See you on the track, you-know-who. We'll see who outruns whom. Oh wait, you've been already challenged I see. By Dewdrop no less. In which case, I'll say good luck and godspeed to you sir. :P
hehehe sunny, similar experience here..kal se daudne chalenge hum bhi........and anyway, man u write awesome.
Cruel...
ab how will I go for a too-point-too.. ever..!! EVER...! :O
der are too menny points dt discourage me... :P
but... nice eh..!! it think.. i shud watch rang de basan.. once more.. tempo needs a fuel to run.. :D
Hahaha very hilarious. What time do you run anyways? Me too wanna have d fun live :D
Neways a gr8 post. And goodluck. May u do a 6.6 in one go someday.
I can't tell u how honoured I feel
to have witnessed the last few
"golden" steps of ur historical run..
Thank u!!!!
@ Anjai:
Thanks dude... and thanks for all the tempo...
Kal pakka again [:D]
@ Swati:
Arrrrre I would have run with you... lekin fayda hi nahin hai...
I'm a thorough gentleman u know... and etiquette governs that ladies always go first...
*sigh*
As much as I'd have loved to have taken the challenge... I cant [:D]
But yeah... how abt a game of sumo wrestling [:D]
@ Naween:
I very much appreciate the tempo you provided... dekha nahin how I compared your support to the one in mile sur mera tumhara [;)]
Khair... dont get nostalgic abt the 2.2... u'll have ample opportunities to run the distance... tomorrow would be good for starters [:)]
@ GolJ and not GJ[:D]
Muhahaha [:D]
Isi liye Gol... to present ur side of the story... make a blog [:)]
Kal pakka again [:)]
@ Sudhir:
Tempo se dude... and remember... once you run ur first 2.2, you earn urself a blog topic too! Free! [:D]
See ya on the track man... I can already hear u say "Lets play" [:)]
@ Modi:
Sahi be... tempo se [:)]
And thanks [:)]
@ Himadri:
"tempo needs some fuel to run"... BIGGER! Kabhi kahin impromptu PJ competition hua to I'm jumping in with u and Bhopali. [:D]
Btw... which points discouraged u??
@ Sonik:
Thankew [:)]
We leave sumtime around 6.40pm... approximately 6.6 pm!
@ Mangu:
Thanks Mangu [:D]
Teri baatein sun ke 2 kg khoon badh gaya...
... ab ghatane ke liye kal wapas bhaagna padega [:P]
Robert Brown might have said: "You are a 2.2 'virgin' my dear. And trust me, you'll never forget the first time." seems you just took a dozen (take or give a thousand) more words to express that.
PS: me took 7.83 seconds to complete my first 2.2 (:P) Yeah, OP brings out the best in some
hehe... saala maggu, din bhar comp pe baithe rahoge to yahi hoga, char saal mein kewal 3 baar 2.2.. Chhheh!!
kal main bhi apne 4th 2.2 pe jaaunga...
baap re...
kya crack mara be.. mujhe to yekin nahi ho raha hain ki tu 2.2 mar hi liya Mr. atheltic***
Hoga Hoga Dost.. Chal Tempo se
Yo R.K. !!!
Lage Raho..!!! [;)]
Maalu
kya..be..
kya sunane main aa raha hain..
ye sab daud kisi aur ke liye ki jaa rahi hain..
hey bhai log.. aashu anjai..and company.. look into the matter.. SN ke naam par hi sunny covered the last few meters.. Kyun KYun KYUN ??
lagta hain Schol Av's main ab jaasoos bhi lagane padenge
Maalu [;)]
@ Baffling:
Hmm... no matter how much I searched google... I didnt find this quote of Robert Brown.
Khair... u dont seem to think of anything other than virginity these days.
And u completed ur 2.2 in 7.83 secs?? 2.2 meters??
*shakes his head*
*sighs*
@ Shishir:
Badhiya hain.
@ Maalu:
Saale hall and poltu chhod ke aur kuch sochta bhi hai aajkal??
Grrrrr
hehehehe nics post, that. btw, what IS 2.2???
I know, sacrilage ho gaya ji, puch ke. But, I am not that intelligent every1 thinks I am :p
anyways, keep on moving, whatever it is you are doing? (2.2 .... grrrrr easy bhasha nahi bol sakta, kya..$#%$^ ooops I am still here!!!)
@ Singlewheatfemale:
Ummm... 2.2 refers to a stretch of road here thats 2.2 km in length...
Will keep the bhasha thing in mind though [:P]
Harries... it is really the nemesis man...
Like an oasis in the desert of 2.2...
A watering hole for gasping breaths and strained calfs...
Been there.. failed that... :D
ok ok enough sunning yourself in glory and self-pride and all...
sab bahut kush hai abt your 2.2 km...:)
when's the next post coming up??? where's thy blogiquette? ;p
@ Suddu:
That takes some confessing man!
All the best in future 2.2s... cmon... u cant stop infront of SN... can u? [:D]
@ Singlewheatfemale:
Wow... being told off for not blogging frequently enuf! Thats new!
About blogiquette... well... to borrow a quote and distort it to my pleasure... "well behaved bloggers rarely make history" [:P]
Post a Comment