Sunday

Blog 1303: Happy B'day !

Happy B'day Blog! :)

Allow me to go into flashback mode:

I think the first blog I ever came across was KK's. It wasnt until Naween started writing frequently, though, that I got addicted to blog reading.

Then came December 2004... and along with it came this testimonial of sorts abt me! That was the first instance when I felt the need to have a blog of mine own. If for nothing else, then at least for being able to reply in kind!!

Then came Kshitij 05 and along with it, came Kspeak. One fine day, unsuspecting me was sitting on the mess table enjoying the usual fare of ill prepared crap with practised indifference. Along came Aaga and merrily asked: "Miyan head banoge?" Not quite in the Azhar vein... but anyways... [:D]

Now yours responsibly had deftly avoided being even a house captain in school and so this was going to be a big first. Khair, I thought, this has to start sometime...
The remainder of the Kspeak story deserves a post of its own... but yeah... it did lead to my first blog ever.

I did decide to go ahead and make my own blog after that... but then came midsems and of course, the tryst with measles!

In all honesty, I hadnt the slightest idea what I would ever write in my blog. I wrote the first post just for the sake of writing it. I guess the effect of watching too much of Friends and Roswell showed pretty blatantly on the way the blog started off [:P]. In fact, after the second post on Ferrari and cricket, I was pretty sure my blog was going to be nothing more than a regular news update on the fortunes of Ferrari and Sachin Tendulkar. [:D]

Then came the summer vacations... and volume blogging kicked off. Those were interesting times... seriously. All day I'd spend time in an a.c. lab. Write a blog every third day, often with zilch comments, blog-browse with a vengeance at times, put every prospectively good blog in my favourites folder, check out the blogging communities on Orkut and go thru the members' blogs and do all other sorts of vella things that came to mind...

Anyways... come August and I discovered this form of blogging. Things have now come to such a head that I've forgotten how to blog otherwise. Truth to tell, the only reason this post is being written in this dumb plain prose format is that I've been expressely told by more than one fiend... errr... friend... to change my style. :(

The biggest mystery of my blogging career... (ahem [:D])... is, without a doubt... Sunny Bugs. For the uninformed, this was a blog made by someone to present the bug's side of the story in this episode. C'mon bug dude... its been long enough now... lets have some more posts about urself on ur blog[;)]

Enough of flashback.

Had inter-hall ad design today... Himadri, Shaggy, Som, Lele and me were awake till 5 or even later yesterday night trying to finish the ad design. BIG TIME kudos to Lele and Himadri for the awesome flash ad they made. We finished third... but how and why one of the judges marked teams the way he did is something even the other judge was finding hard to provide excuse for.

The biggest saving grace of the event for us was that Prof. Gautam Sinha ranked us first. Hope he remembers all this next year when all 4 of us sit for placements. [:D]

Before I sign off, here's a b'day gift to all of you. In the whole of last year, the best blogger I ever came across is this guy. Narrates brilliant stories that happen in the restaurant where he serves and yes... very importantly, writes in the same one-line-at-a-time format. [:)]

Adios.

19 comments:

naween said...

this is a good blog. happy b'day to this blog. good writing style. good narration. good flashback. good average - a blog every third day.

good usage of time - celebrating blog b'days.

nice post, btw.

Sunny said...

@ DhawanSaaB:

Tempo se DhawanSaaB! Waise ek baat hai... agar monopoly ho gayi to comment likhne waala bhi koi nahin hoga [:P]

Sunny said...

@ Naween:

Thankew. [:P]

Anonymous said...

tempo se somaniji

KS said...

somani ji, happy bday wishes for your blog :D

Dewdrop said...

yeh somani ji kaun hai ??? did i come to the wrong place ?[:P]

anyway, happy anniversary [:D]...tempo se!

sandeep said...

happy b day somani's blog...

and hey that bug blog...my comment is the first on it...i hope the inter galactic invasion doesn't target me next [:P]

(sorry ... but i'm running a bad form in PJ's ...u know that)

Sunny said...

@ Rolly:

Thankew Rolly Singh [:P]

Sunny said...

@ Sudhir:

Thankew Kontham ji [:P]

Sunny said...

@ Dewdrop:

As soon as I know who that is, I'll let u know. [:P]

And thankew [:)]

Sunny said...

@ Sandy:

My blog says thankew :)

Methinks me shud start a pj blog too... kya bolte ho? [:D]

Sudarshan. A. G. said...

39 posts in a year... good good!

Keep them coming...

and, I would like to co-author that PJ blog.

Sunny said...

@ Sudarshan:

Its 68 actually...

And abt the pj blog... sure! All hands on deck [:P]

AlterinG Abhishek said...

Hppi birthday!!!
(",)
enjoy!!!!!!!

naween said...

you have been TAGGED. check out this

singlewheatfemale said...

la di la.... happy birthday dearyiee, missing my return gift :p take that..goli *dishkyaoun* :p
anyways cheers

Sunny said...

@ Abhishek :

Thankew :-)

Sunny said...

@ Whoami:

Badhiya hain

Sunny said...

@ Singlewheatfemale:

Thankew :)

Now... here's ur return gift (same goli re-loaded in gun and...) *dishkyaoun* [:P]