I, for one, was dead sure that babies were sent down from heaven... just that I wasnt able to fit in the enlarging of the tummy into this theorem. [:D] Was browsing a community on Orkut and came across this thread called 'Where do babies come from' where ppl posted their childhood inferences abt this 'mystery'. Here are a few answers...
# A girl : "I saw this cartoon in which lil birdies dropped the babies of animal kingdom from sky wrapped in white sheets :P lol! And i believed that and i waited for my baby sis dropping from sky when my mom was pregnent:P lol"
# A guy : "Well I saw a few hindi movies in which a heroine has a baby and at that time I didn't know them as actress. I just knew that she had a baby. I used to think that babies come after some time after the shaadi .... means that 7 rounds around the fire in front of some pandit ..... and whatever that pandit speaks is necessary ...." (Antar Mahal, anyone?!!)
# "I used to think they drop from the sky... wen my bro was born I thot wen mom was asleep at night, God dropped a baby at her bedside... or wen my second bro was gonna be born I thot they sell sum in hospital too... so she gonna buy me a bro from there" # "well... I had this impression in my mind tht when a couple gets married they get a child automatically... and if they ask for more they get another one after sum time...so when I was 8 n I saw some movie in which a child was born before marriage... I was reaaaalllly surprised"
# A guy : "I hd the idea, everything comes from a super market, and there's always a sale from where babies came..."
# A girl : "I knew babies came form 9 months of pregnancy, but what I was reeeaallly confused about, was the birthing process. I used to think that babies were delivered through the mother's belly button!!! It was the only reason I could find for the existence of the belly button!"
# A guy : "And I always wondered how did they catch the babies when they dropped from sky!!!"
# A girl : "Well... I used to think dat weneva a couple sleeps at nite... before sleepin dey wish to God fer a baby... and wen dey wake up in da morning a baby iz lyin rite dere on da bed... hehehe..."

# A girl : "I used to think when a girl and guy get married the next day in thier bike or in their car somebody leaves the box or like a nest with a kid inside and thats how they have kids"
# A girl : "well, I know it sounds a bit stupid, but I used 2 think that hospitals alwayz had babies on sale n dere was a room were many babies were kept in there cots n any one who wanted a baby just chose one of'em and got it home. Dats da only reason why I used 2 pray when I was a kid that I dont wanna get married cuz I dont wanna leave ma mom n just pick up a baby from da hospital when I complete ma studies, cuzz I really love kidz."
# A married female : "Haha yes Dumbo the catoon movie of the baby elephant made me realise that the babies come from swan looking angels who fly carrying the babies in blankets in their beaks. Haha and thats where I got the idea of my baby brother coming in this world. Warna toh my parents kept on giving me stories which I cudnt make sense of. Haha finally I did but now I know it cz I'm married hahaha and now I finallly know the truth" [:D]
While I'm at it, here's some more... There was another thread that asked ppl for the most stupid things they did as kids. Sample a few... [;)]
# A guy : "Took about six pills given for treating schizofrenic patients. They looked very similar to my favourite vitamin c tablets. Ended up in hospital after that hallucinating that i couldn't fit my tongue in my mouth."
# A guy with an Orkut name Mitthoo : "When I was 7 years old, for a toffee I jumped from 1st floor to the ground! There was a thick layer of sand over the ground. Nothing happened to me except I swallowed lots of sand and they were inside my nose and ears."
# "Wen I was abt 9 yrs old I read in my science book that if the water is salty, u cant drown n u can actually float in it... it was abt the Dead Sea. I was really impressed, was a water baby so took the salt pot from the kitchen n emptied in the pool n jumped into it!!!! obviously i didn float on the surface... gud thing I knew swimmin :P"
# A girl : "One day 6 years old me tried to drive her mother's car and crashed it in her aunts brand new chev after destroying the garage gate. Well, believe it or not. I did that as a kid 'cos I wanted to drive!"
# A girl : "Whn I waz 6 yrz old I made a friend
n tht waz a crow who used to come n sit on ma bedroom window daily. One day tht crow brought me a cockroach n dropped it in ma room n I took tht dead cockroach n put it in ma mouth... I waz ABOUT to swallow it n ma mom caught me rite dere n thn I got a slapp... biigg sllappppppp... COZ I waz nah takin tht cockroach out of ma mouth.... i wazz REALLYY stubborn"# A guy : " Once I took a radio and broke it to see the people singing the songs in the radio."
# A girl : "Hmmm once I decided that it would be so cool if I just went to the kitchen and took something from the refrigerator so I could eat in the middle of the night like in the movies. I took a slice of pizza, but I decided afterwards that I wasn't hungry, so I put it on this old books closet we had. My mother found the slice. Three months later."
You know... I've always felt kids should be given homework. Especially now that sex education is fast becoming a part of curriculum. [;)]


17 comments:
beautiful article, gross ending. hehe. :P
now you've given us two, not one, two topics to discuss about @cheddis. let's see who else is intereseted.
the twins are real cute. especially the one caught stuffing a french fry in her mouth. she and I share some traits.
never really wondered where kids came from, was too engrossed in my own world to think of other things, like if this world is real and whether a parallel universe exists. yea, seriously. I did that when I was in UKG. stopped thinking ever since, though.
Try this community at orkut:explaining things really badly.It has a few amazing threads as well and several have me as a contributor and often ive been drunk or stoned when i wrote them.wud make for some decent fun haan.
hope u havent lost faith in ur 'dropping from heaven' theory [:D]
@ Baffling:
What's the second topic?? Or... err... whats the first topic anyway?? :P
@ Sudhir:
Stopped thinking ever since, eh? Just as well... goes with the department u r in [:D]
But seriously... parallel universe in UKG! I'm sure I was too busy singing twinkle twinkle to think along those lines [:D]
@ Dayal:
Sure... will do [:)]
@ Dewdrop:
[:P]
Nice research.....btw ur list also includes fav.......babies born due to prayers said @ marriage ceremony :D
Let me tell u my extreme childhood fantasy......."kill a man just to watch him die"....(Guess where it is coming from)...never had the chance to do it:(
me will not comment on this post - coz you know what sort of comments i think of when i read all this about pregnancy and sex. [:P]
Sorry, but I have always known how babies come in this universe (at least from the time I had curiosity to know) but with all the theory right in place, I am just waiting for a lab-partner.
@ Prerna:
Thankew :)
@ Biswajeet:
That was a childhood fantasy! Thankfully u didnt have a chance to watch that happen!
@ Whoami:
[:))]
Jaisi aapki ichcha [:P]
@ Aravind:
Sahii. Your guide must be proud of u... you've actually worked on ur BTP for no less than 17 odd years!!
@ Modi:
Khoj zaari rahe [:P]
wooo..... must see that orkut community first n what made u so sentu ab't it that u almost written a half ramayan on Ram's n Sita's:)
n tell me did u talked to that Mittho...
Post a Comment