Lets go into flashback again... really back this time!
Circa 1988-90: Me was a smalley of around 4-6 at that time... starting school. What my parents used to do to get me ready in the mornings back then was to switch on the tape recorder to keep my attention while they got me ready without any glitches!!
Things do come around a full circle I guess... coz I do get ready the same way nowadays... start windows media player at full volume from my room and go to the bathroom!!
Anyways... so usually the cassette that was played was one that contained nursery rhymes. U know... those Preeti Sagar types... but I guess on somedays when they were unable to find that cassette, they put on something else. Now one of the popular (I believe) singers of that time was Hassan Jahangir of Hawa Hawa fame. There was another song of his which contained the words
"Main bhi fashion karoonga...
Michael Jackson banunga...
fashion ke naye rang hain...
naya yeh zamaana
tu ru ru ru ru ru"!!!!
Michael Jackson banunga...
fashion ke naye rang hain...
naya yeh zamaana
tu ru ru ru ru ru"!!!!
Dunno if u have heard of it or remember it... but this particular song has remained stuck in my memory since that time!! 17 years would u believe ( boy, I am that old??!!). Never thought I'd find another human who'd remember this song. Well... whaddya know... two days ago me and Bhatinda were talking on the mess table and dunno how we veered into this territory but Hawa Hawa came into conversation and I touched upon this song... and walla... there... he had that song with him!!
Unfortunately... now that I've heard it again... it seems to be such a pathetic Bappi Lahiri kind of song... ( maybe it is Bappi Lahiri's)... *sigh*. Was so much the better off just being in my memory. *sigh again*
Shift deleted in 5 mins... any surprises??!!
Same for another song... this one is "Kisi ne bhi to na dekha" by Pankaj Udhaas. Remembered the music... but only had a single phrase from that song in mind..." gaya phir aaj ka din bhi...( something something) ...kar ke mujhe". Again when I finally found it, it seemed like a shadow of what I thought it was.
Guess its true for ppl too... there are lots of cases where I've thought abt ppl "Hmmm...seems impressive" when I didnt know them... but when I finally did get to know them, they werent one hundredth as good as I had intially assumed.
Anyways... another event worth mentioning here... me and Sandy interviewed Prof. Gautam Sinha ( T& P Head) today. Very lively man... knows his job... will do well as T&P incharge...
Asked him lots of questions... got quite a few frank answers... and... I will leave it at that. Full text of the interview coming up in this sem's first issue of Scholars Avenue. ( Such a sucker for publicity na? [:D] )
Unfortunately... now that I've heard it again... it seems to be such a pathetic Bappi Lahiri kind of song... ( maybe it is Bappi Lahiri's)... *sigh*. Was so much the better off just being in my memory. *sigh again*
Shift deleted in 5 mins... any surprises??!!
Same for another song... this one is "Kisi ne bhi to na dekha" by Pankaj Udhaas. Remembered the music... but only had a single phrase from that song in mind..." gaya phir aaj ka din bhi...( something something) ...kar ke mujhe". Again when I finally found it, it seemed like a shadow of what I thought it was.
Guess its true for ppl too... there are lots of cases where I've thought abt ppl "Hmmm...seems impressive" when I didnt know them... but when I finally did get to know them, they werent one hundredth as good as I had intially assumed.
Anyways... another event worth mentioning here... me and Sandy interviewed Prof. Gautam Sinha ( T& P Head) today. Very lively man... knows his job... will do well as T&P incharge...
Asked him lots of questions... got quite a few frank answers... and... I will leave it at that. Full text of the interview coming up in this sem's first issue of Scholars Avenue. ( Such a sucker for publicity na? [:D] )
Signing off for now...
Aapka apna Indian Idle,
Sunny
Aapka apna Indian Idle,
Sunny


6 comments:
Is it to any extent inspired by my signature on mini's blog?? Don't say yes!!!
Aur kya chal raha hai sir??
~ Aapke apne (suneet)
how back!!
2suneet: sorry for the disappointment...but nopes... and who is mini btw??
bas life peacefully going on... just 18 contact hours... how bout u?? must be having 18 contact hrs a day!!
2naween: :))
tu mini ko nahi jaanta??....kya kar raha hai??....put tht question as status message on ym and you will know....ya, apne to 18-20 contact hrs hai, per day....watt lagi rehti hai.....exams chal rahe hain :)
~Aapke apne
I really don't recollect the song u were talking about...may be i was not born that time....but one really cherishes the memory of an old favorite song....talking of favorite songs i think i will be writing something like this 10 years from hence about Lafzon mein keh na sakon.....
And haan u could start a blog which will be posting scholar's avenue online.... people could comment about the articles and of-course ur skills......after all u r hamara apna indian idle.
The blog's under construction... the new issue will be put up after the paper is released
and yeah.. please achche comments likhna for aapka apna indian idle
Post a Comment