I opened my Yahoo account after ages today; and for some forsaken reason, they showed this mail as an unsent draft. Be it so or be it so not, it did remind me of what I was pre-Kgp. Rather... pre-OP.
Lemme copy paste it - the part in bold is the actual text... whats italicized is my expert commentary :P
It has been a quick three months at IIT Kgp. I am here in Calcutta as of now for the puja holidays and this is, really, the first time I have got online since joining kgp. (After the first day of classes, I duly made a list of books I would need for the sem and marched towards Academia in Tech Market. Except for a couple of giggling senior girls, things went pretty smoothly.
They were giggling coz I asked the shopkeeper, " Is there a cyber cafe around here somewhere?")
We do not have comps in our room unless we buy one but Internet connectivity is free. (Legend had it that students joining Kgp got free comps. Or so I believed before entering the hallowed HJB for counseling)
If I am to tell you of our life in the campus, I really do not know where to start and where to end. For one, I have become thinner than before - from first hand experience, you might be knowing the cause just too well. (I was 85 kgs when I joined Kgp; 72 when I went home in October. I continued on my path of losing weight until I reached 67 kg. Then, I discovered the art of eating out. The only thing that lost weight from that point on was my (or Krishna's :P) wallet.)
Time passes all too quickly. We have chemistry labs on Tuesday and electrical labs on Friday and we have to write the discussion for the experiment we did last time. Chemistry journal is fine because it can be done during the weekend but every Thursday the unanimous opinion is that time has contrived against us to bring Friday before it should actually come. Its like- abhi to electrical lab hua tha and tomorrow again.
The mess food has improved over the period we have been there. The students are, mostly, cooperative and friendly. (Haan haan hans lo :P)
There are lots of competitions every now and again. We have been advised by our seniors to participate in as many as we can. In fact some of the electronics department students say they have been told to participate in sports, in cultural activities, drama etc. and get a CG of 9.5! (Excuse the naivety puhlease!)
In terms of placements, our department is widely reckoned as a ‘fundu’ department to use some of Kgp’s jargon. The teachers are, generally, good but some like our mechanics teacher positively induce sleep. (I'm glad this list was not compiled near the end of my Kgp life. But then I wouldnt have been writing such things in a mail then.
Wouldnt have been writing a mail at all, more likely :P)
There are 20 marks for teacher’s assessment and these depend mostly on attendance. Consequently there is high attendance. Of course, there are some proxy attendances but the number does not go too low. Initially I used to feel very sleepy here but it has decreased now.(This is a cow, a cow has four legs and one tail. Phbbt.)
Hope you're doing well,
Sunny
They were giggling coz I asked the shopkeeper, " Is there a cyber cafe around here somewhere?")
We do not have comps in our room unless we buy one but Internet connectivity is free. (Legend had it that students joining Kgp got free comps. Or so I believed before entering the hallowed HJB for counseling)
If I am to tell you of our life in the campus, I really do not know where to start and where to end. For one, I have become thinner than before - from first hand experience, you might be knowing the cause just too well. (I was 85 kgs when I joined Kgp; 72 when I went home in October. I continued on my path of losing weight until I reached 67 kg. Then, I discovered the art of eating out. The only thing that lost weight from that point on was my (or Krishna's :P) wallet.)
Time passes all too quickly. We have chemistry labs on Tuesday and electrical labs on Friday and we have to write the discussion for the experiment we did last time. Chemistry journal is fine because it can be done during the weekend but every Thursday the unanimous opinion is that time has contrived against us to bring Friday before it should actually come. Its like- abhi to electrical lab hua tha and tomorrow again.
The mess food has improved over the period we have been there. The students are, mostly, cooperative and friendly. (Haan haan hans lo :P)
There are lots of competitions every now and again. We have been advised by our seniors to participate in as many as we can. In fact some of the electronics department students say they have been told to participate in sports, in cultural activities, drama etc. and get a CG of 9.5! (Excuse the naivety puhlease!)
In terms of placements, our department is widely reckoned as a ‘fundu’ department to use some of Kgp’s jargon. The teachers are, generally, good but some like our mechanics teacher positively induce sleep. (I'm glad this list was not compiled near the end of my Kgp life. But then I wouldnt have been writing such things in a mail then.
Wouldnt have been writing a mail at all, more likely :P)
There are 20 marks for teacher’s assessment and these depend mostly on attendance. Consequently there is high attendance. Of course, there are some proxy attendances but the number does not go too low. Initially I used to feel very sleepy here but it has decreased now.(This is a cow, a cow has four legs and one tail. Phbbt.)
Hope you're doing well,
Sunny


24 comments:
This so much reminds me of my first impression of you....i was like "why so serious ?" [:P]
nice post... though its a shame you were not thinking of a dep-c, would have loved to hear about it :D
ekdum good-boy type letter tha !! waise that 85 kg must be good 'figure' for you - for the purpose of relative grading [:P]!!
Ya man! I remember that sunny so-many times! I remember that particular occasion at the physics tuition (just months before the screening exam) when the teacher asked us to solve some problem from irodov, and you were among the very first to solve it! I was like woaah! maaaaaaust!
Man! You haven't changed (my blog's link on your blog-roll)!
haha.. funny! it is indeed nice to stumble upon antique prehistoric thoughts on your computer..!
see life taught you a lot at kgp..
i don't feel you agree with anything you were thinking that day when you wrote this mail..! hehe..!
it is nice.. though..
i liked the innocence.. of a fachha.. befoe being @!#!!$@!
Felt nice after reading your "hallowed" blog after a looooooonnnnnggg time......nice job...and I still cant write :(
(hope you'll recognise me)
hmmmm..the only thing that starkly shows up amidst all this is there has been some serious "innocence lost" during those 5 years at the hell hole..that place really taught you how to be a badka ***** ..wouldnt you agree with me ? [:P]
Yes!! You finally changed your infuriating centered layout with pseudo-sarcastic comments on each line.
Clap clap clap
Clap
Nice blog waise...
duck dash duck! incoming!!
Good Yaar.. Days are gone when I used to score high TA only on the basis of Proxy....still like only two years..
nice post.
@ Suryansh:
Woh kya hai na... I was still in the process of learning to put a smile on my face :-P
@ Baffling :
I maroed a dep C all through dude... check out my grades in all my dep maths subjects sometime :P
@ Naween:
Yeah... helps me see the 'big' picture whenever I need perspective on my current figure ;-)
@ Arunava:
Good times.. good times.. :-)
@ Vinayak:
Koi na... hoga hoga... keep the faith :-P
@ Himadri:
Satyawachan :-)
@ Anonymous:
Thankew :-)
The trouble with trying to guess who you are is... if I get it wrong, I end up hinting that I think the-wrongly-named-guy 'cant write' :-) Isiliye dost... bata hi do kaun ho :P
Cheers!
@ Indrajit:
Oh! I agree with you alright :D
You, more than anyone else at Kgp, would have seen the transition from pre to post-Kgp :-)
@ Shishir:
That style shall be back.
Soon.
Prepare to be... umm... infuriated? :-P
@ Sandeep:
Advice is seldom welcomed by those who need it most.
Duck Dash duck! Still incoming :-D
@ Rahul Bansal:
Koi nahin dost... ab teri proxy nahin lagegi to kya hua... ab attendance ka load bhi to nahin hi lena padta hoga :-P
@ Krishna:
You taking a course in 'Economics of Words' or something? :-D
Btw, thankew :-)
Post a Comment